Thursday, April 18, 2024 5:43:16 PM

9.7.1 hangs

1 year ago
#261382 Quote
I have BlueFire for my motorhome, currently on version 9.7.1. It is fairly unusable, as the iPad app keeps hanging; it stops updating the values without any error displayed. This happens every few minutes. Force quitting and relaunching the app often takes a while for it to display the dash again, then it hangs again after a number of minutes.
1 year ago
#261385 Quote
If it's still occurring, send me the App’s event log (Settings/Send the Event Log) and I’ll take a look. Let me know when you have sent the event log too.
1 year ago
#261389 Quote
It is still happening after updating to 9.7.2.

I just sent the event log.
1 year ago
#261396 Quote
Been away for a while. Did not see your event log. Can you send it again and let me know when you've sent it and what email address you're using in the BlueFire App?
1 year ago
#261399 Quote
I just sent the log again. Not a travel day, so might have some non-travel events; last travel day was January 22nd. As usual, it stopped updating the dash every few minutes, and I force quit and relaunched to get it going again. Email domain is sinclairtrails.com.
1 year ago
#261406 Quote
What email address are you using in the App?
1 year ago
#261408 Quote
Email domain is sinclairtrails.com.
1 year ago
#261409 Quote
The event log shows that you're losing the Bluetooth connection quite often. Maybe check to ensure nothing (even a hand or leg) is getting in the way of the signal. Or better yet, pick up an extension cable to move the adapter closer to your iPad.

The next App version (9.7.4) will also take care of some of the data freezing issues.
9 months ago
#261476 Quote
I was constantly having this same hanging issue on my last trip.  I am currently using 9.7.4, any update on this hanging issue?  When I noticed it was hanging, I would.d force close and reopen the app and the data would update and work for a  while then quit again.
9 months ago
#261478 Quote
Yes, that's what I've experienced too. The issue still occurs.

I have my iPad about three feet from the adapter, with nothing in the way, so it can't be a range issue. I'm not sure if the adapter is defective, or the app has a bug.

(I have not updated the firmware on the adapter, so that may or may not be relevant.)