Wednesday, April 24, 2024 3:39:31 AM

App Closes when Ignition Turned On

1 year ago
#259216 Quote
My usual start-up process is to get the app up and running prior to starting the engine. Yesterday when I turned on the ignition the application closed.  There was a software update so I restarted the tablet and it failed again. If I start the engine first and then start the application it works fine.  Any ideas as to why this is occurring? It was working fine back in late August (last time on the road).
1 year ago
#259218 Quote
Send the App’s event log (Settings/Send the Event Log) and I’ll take a look. Post when you have sent the event log.
1 year ago
#259226 Quote
Tried to send from the app but it failed. What is the email address I can send the files to?
1 year ago
#259241 Quote
Try again as the 'Send the Event Log' attaches files you don't have access to. If your email client is started with the attached files it should populate the send to address.
1 year ago
#259243 Quote
I Have tried multiple times with the email client open and running.  The message I get is "Unable to send email from BlueFire's Email Servers. Will try to use your mobile device's Email App.  If successful, please send the email with no modifications."

The text of the email contains Log File Info, Owner Information, Application Information, Adapter Information and Device Information.  The attached files are labeled as follows:

EventLog.txt
Dash.xml
20210426-0704.xml
Settings.xml.bak
Settings.xml
Colors.xml
Dash.xml.bak
1 year ago
#259245 Quote
The email's to address should be populated with our Support email address so all you need to do is send the email from your email client.
1 year ago
#259246 Quote
It is not populating the support email address s- it is blank.
1 year ago
#259247 Quote
support@bluefire-llc.com
1 year ago
#259251 Quote
Email has been sent.  The last action I took today was the sequence that gave the original error.

As previously stated if I start the engine and then launch the app everything works as expected.  Also if I turn off the engine and restart the engine without closing the app it works fine (that sequence occurred earlier today).

Steve
1 year ago
#259252 Quote
This is a known bug and will be fixed in the next version (9.6.6) due out later this week.