Update the firmware on your Adapter. For certain adapters, you can update the firmware yourself with a Windows computer.
Follow the steps below to update your Adapter's firmware:
1. If your Adapter is first generation (elongated mushroom looking cap with a black connector), you need to send the Adapter to us for updating.
2. Check your Adapter's Hardware version by going to the About page. You need to be connected to the Adapter to see the Hardware version. If the Adapter is not compatible with the App, you need to send the Adapter to us for updating.
3. If your Adapter's Hardware version is 2.0 or lower, you need to send the Adapter to us for updating.
4. If your Adapter's Hardware version is 2.1 or higher, you can download and install the Firmware Update Program to a Windows 10 computer. The Firmware Update program is free but you need to check your Windows 10 version first. You must be on 1909 (18363) or lower, or 20H2 (19042) or higher. If your Windows 10 version is 2004 (19041) you need to send the Adapter to us for updating. Firmware Update Program Download
- Instructions will be shown after opening the program.
Note, when installing the Firmware Update Program, if you see the 'Windows protected your PC' alert, you need to click on 'More info' then the 'Run anyway' button.
Note, you only need to order an upgrade if you're sending your Adapter to us for upgrading. Along with sending us your Adapter include a copy of your order. Send your Adapter to the address below and we will update the firmware and ship it back to you via USPS Priority Mail 1-3 Day Small Flat Rate Box.
16231 266 Ave SE
Issaquah, WA 98027