Wednesday, May 8, 2024 1:51:48 PM

Large gauge delay

1 year ago
#261343 Quote
I have J1708. The RPM gauge is delayed by a few seconds. It does not seem to pause, so it appears as if the gauge is always 2 seconds behind. (EDIT: All gauges are behind.)

After reading the performance section, I am wondering how this is possible. I don't see "Adapter Data Buffer is Full".

I am a software developer and I don't see any reason for this app to be cpu or graphics intensive. If the adapter is getting RPM data 10-100x per second, then I see no reason for any multi second delay between my foot and the display. BLE should be much faster than the serial J1708 bus, right? Displaying this data is trivial for even a very old computer.

There isn't some goofy algorithm that insists on showing each data value, instead of dropping old values is there? I mean, yes, that's exactly what it seems, unless the J1708 bus has this delay in it.
10 months ago
#261477 Quote
I was using the windows version of the UI. There is really no excuse for this delay. It makes the product useless.

I ended up making my own by plugging a cheap rs485 -> usb adapter into my computer and doing a bit of programming. Mine has no delay of course. I have no clue how one could have a 2 second delay when dealing with a 9600 baud data stream.