logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Skydancerdave  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2021 4:01:32 PM(UTC)
Skydancerdave

Groups: Registered
United States

I use an android product to interface with the bluefire adapter. I'm assuming others use what I use or an apple iPad. So firmware updates "require" users to bring a windows operating system into the mix. Am I the only one that finds this extremely frustrating? The launch nag screens keep asking me to update the firmware but I need to go buy a frigging PC laptop to actually do that. Number one issue I have with this product.
bneumann  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2021 9:00:02 AM(UTC)
bneumann

Agree totally ..... a pita completely ..... ready to throw the thing in the trash,

1. When hooked up to a dash it just provides stuff already available with Tiffin motorhome dongle (& much less complicated to use).
2. How to update firmware ?????
3. How to connect adapter to computer ??????
4. Can't even unzip / extract update firmware file (but probably my ignorance using Samsung tablet).
5. Why are there no easy to use instructions ????
6. Can there not be a simple update feature when connected to a tablet in regular running mode ????? ... or is my ignorance showing again.
7. Every other computer app or device has simple update procedures .... why not this one ..... seems very archaic & Mackey mouse operational.
8. Should also have an available basic dash with most important feature items displayed (trip, fuel, levels, check engine codes, already available, etc without this Bluefire adapter) ... seems redundant waste of money.

Anyone willing to purchase, let me know .... or if my opinion is terrible also let me know.
Skydancerdave  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2021 10:35:14 AM(UTC)
Skydancerdave

United States

You're not computer illiterate and even if you were, it shouldn't require high levels of computer literacy to update an otherwise commercially viable product. What I've determined through a frustrating process of elimination is the following:

1. The Firmware update MUST BE DOWNLOADED (and installed) onto a Windows 10 laptop computer (no tablets, no Windows 7 or older, no Apple).
2. The laptop must also be loaded with the Bluefire app (as if you were going to use the laptop instead of your tablet).
3. Once you launch the Bluefire app on your laptop you can "connect" to the adapter in your coach.
4. Once you've got the connection established you can launch the firmware update and it should update.

I haven't done this yet as I have to go out and buy a friggin PC laptop. Your idea of throwing the adapter in the trash and deleting the app from my tablet would actually be cheaper.
Frank  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2021 7:21:26 PM(UTC)
Frank

Man
United States

Or you could send the adapter in and Mark will update it for you. Quitcherbellyachin.
2001 Alpine 34' Cummins ISC J1708 databus