logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
edw879  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2021 8:59:45 PM(UTC)
edw879

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Received the module yesterday along with a 9 pin Y cable ordered from BlueFire so I can have access through the app to both the BlueFire and a PressurePro system I will have soon. Installed the Y cable into the 9 pin diagnostic port on my 2005 Fleetwood Bounder. After the module "booted up" (blue to red then blinking blue) turned on the ignition and started up the engine. Then turned on my Microsoft Surface Go 2, enabled Bluetooth and was able to connect to the BlueFire through the app. Started receiving data from the ECM for a little less than 5 minutes when I see a failure popup saying that the Bluetooth data was full then it disconnected from the module. Then no matter what I did I couldn't connect to the BlueFire again. The app said the Bluetooth was connected to something else and I should disconnect from it and attempt another connection. Problem is the Bluetooth on the Surface wasn't connected to any other device. I then disconnected the module from the Y cable and deleted the BlueFire from the Bluetooth and started over (module to Y Cable; after "boot up" started the Surface, turned on Bluetooth, ran the app). The furthest I got was for the BlueFire getting paired to the Surface but no connection. The furthest I got was the app going into the Discover routine. It would never connect again. I gave up and disconnected the module from the Y cable until I could obtain some tech support which I requested yesterday afternoon, but have not yet received a response. Since writing something more has come up. When I disconnected the BlueFire I put it back in it's shipping container for protection. Now when I open the container I am hit with a very strong odor as if something in the BlueFire has overheated and burnt up one of the circuit boards. After I found this early this afternoon I wrote again adding the odor issue to the nonconnection one I had written about the day before. Now I hope that I will get a response from this post since for some reason no one seems to want to respond to my request for support that I have now sent 2 times by email. If anyone can help me get the module to connect and explain why I am getting the odor from it please respond.

Ed