logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
F18mech  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 6:32:10 AM(UTC)
F18mech

Groups: Registered
United States

Have a 2016 Tiffin 36LA. no start isssues. I have changed out the battery. It has a new interstate battery in it and the charge is good. I changed the battery about 6 weeks ago and did not have issues again till this week when the start problems came again. I had noticed there is a trend within the sequence of connection with BlueFire where the software queues in the key position of the ignition key. As in “Key On, Key Off”. This has led to several valid start sequences with all the errors being eliminated such as the CEL and the wrench 🔧 light displayed on the dash. While driving down the road, the coach shut down totally within 4 miles of departure and it took one sequence of connection with BlueFire to restart. I returned home and parked the coach. After parking I cannot restart nor pull any codes. I have all the lights displayed as before. I have good connection with BlueFire as the dash functions I have installed work properly and are up to date. I had the current version uploaded yesterday although at this time I don’t know the exact number.

Thanks for any insight.
JR Mustin
Mark  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 7:09:14 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Unplug the adapter and see if your starting issues go away. If so, then the adapter is not compatible with your ECMs. This can occur with older J1708 ECMs and with OBD-II (automotive gas) ECMs.
F18mech  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 7:12:29 AM(UTC)
F18mech

United States

The adapter wasnt in when the start issues began.
Mark  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 7:47:05 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Then I doubt the adapter/app have anything to do with the start issues. All the adapter/app do is read data from the ECMs. I can't see how it would help start the engine. And if it's not showing any codes that could mean that the ECMs are not sending standard codes that the adapter/app understands or there are no codes on the diagnostic bus. Note, that the app shows key on/off when the adapter detects data on the CAN bus (key on = ECM is powered and data is on the bus, key off = ECM is powered down and no data is on the bus). Maybe you have a power short to the ECMs that is shutting them down.
F18mech  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 9:14:28 AM(UTC)
F18mech

United States

Thanks for the thoughts. I have no idea why that would work the way it seems. Maybe I’m just reading a coincidence into the situation. Will post whenever I figure out a solution to the start issue.