logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doug427  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 7:18:02 PM(UTC)
Doug427

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm just getting started with BlueFire - I just received my adapter (the black one) and a new Amazon Fire 10 HD. I've been looking a few of the dashes that you guys have all created and the vast majority of what you're all monitoring makes complete sense. However, there are a couple of parameters that some of you are monitoring that I'm not sure of.

I see some of you monitoring torque, load, and fan speed. I know what fan speed means, but what's the importance of monitoring it? I don't even know what normal fan speed is and what importance any variations in it would be. As for torque, what exactly are you monitoring? I know what torque is, and how the amount of torque an engine develops would be determined on an engine dyno. However, what exactly are you guys monitoring here? How is the number being monitored developed? Is it a percentage of total possible torque that the engine is capable of developing? Does the ECU typically actually derive that number and report it? How would that differ from load? What does the number represented as load actually signify?

Lastly, my coach has an automotive type rear view mirror up front by the driver. I suppose it's purpose is to be able to see what's going behind you on inside the coach as you travel. I guess those travelling with kids would know when to yell at them and tell them to sit down! :) I don't even look at it. It does however have a tiny window in the lower corner with compass heading and outside temp displayed digitally. Should I be able to pick up both those parameters (outside temp and compass heading) from my ECU and display both on my BlueFire?

Thanks for any info you can pass along.
Mark  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 5, 2021 8:25:31 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
If you haven't already, it might be a good idea to post these questions on the IRV2 forums. Here's one thread that's pretty active.

https://www.irv2.com/for...ement-option-425748.html