logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sixysixss  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 12:44:34 PM(UTC)
Sixysixss

Groups: Registered
United States

My Fuel Gauge is not connected so I use Fuel Used and Fuel Tank Size for calculating Fuel Remaining. I’m not getting any reading for trip fuel economy or trip fuel used and fuel remaining doesn’t change. Fuel remaining doesn’t change. When I start a trip, I get the following message: “Fuels used data is required for fuel economy and to calculate fuel and distance remaining. The fuel tanks setting ‘show calculated fuel level gauge’ has been turned off and your motorhome’s fuel level gauge will be used to calculate fuel economy and fuel and distance remaining.”

I’m converting from Silverleaf VMSPC to Bluefire and VMSPC was calculating this data. Any thoughts on what could be wrong? I’d love to stick with Bluefire and use my iPad, but its no good to me with out fuel data. Thanks.

Rob S.
Sixysixss  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2020 12:46:30 PM(UTC)
Sixysixss

United States

Also, in case it helps, I have a 2005 Freightliner XC chassis and Cat C7. Thanks.

Rob S.
Mark  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 9:19:40 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Verify that Fuel Used is not available by viewing the Drive page. If Fuel Used shows NA then it's not being transmitted by your ECM. You can also try setting J1708 on as with your 2005 Freightliner, some data may just be on the data bus. You can see what data is being transmitted just on J1708 by turning off J1939, then view the Drive and Repair pages. Turn them both on if you have to but only if you need the extra J1708 data. See the J1708 section in the Getting Started document for more info.
Sixysixss  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2020 10:36:27 AM(UTC)
Sixysixss

United States

Thanks Mark. I’ll give that a try.
Farby  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2020 6:17:31 PM(UTC)
Farby

United States

Since the update my dashboard with fuel available has changed to 50 gal instead off the 100 gal dual tanks I have selected, had no issue until the update.