logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gpounder  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2020 8:06:26 AM(UTC)
gpounder

Groups: Registered
United States

ECM must be putting out some fuel data because the Fuel rate and instant economy shows. I do have it set to calculate fuel. What is not working is Trip fuel economy and the tank (fuel remaining and used do not change. I appears to me that there are two parts to showing fuel economy - gallons used and distance traveled. Distance traveled does work. So I believe the program is failing to do the calculations because it is missing the gallons used. Ideas?
Mark  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 10:30:28 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
There is a bug that may be causing the data not to update. It's fixed in version 3.12 scheduled to be published this week.
Dambuilder  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 7:53:25 AM(UTC)
Dambuilder

United States

Mark - I am having a similar issue. Using version 4.0.3 of the app. In my case, the trip fuel used does not seem to be updating. Because of this, the mpg calculation is not correct. Thanks in advance
Mark  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 4:04:22 PM(UTC)
Mark

Wait for version 4.0.4 and see if that helps. There is a current bug that if you are monitoring faults or don't have the 'Ignore Motorhome Info' checked, that the trip data will not update.
Farby  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 3:58:51 AM(UTC)
Farby

United States

I’ve had the same issue since the last update, I hope the 4.0.4 will be released soon, I really like those features and this app and program is awesome.
Mark  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2020 7:23:59 AM(UTC)
Mark

4.0.5 is out and should fix things.
Farby  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 8:24:33 AM(UTC)
Farby

United States

Cool I updated the app we see how it works next weekend.
Thanks Mark.
Farby  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2020 4:32:24 PM(UTC)
Farby

United States

Hi Mark, I updated the app and went on a weekend trip and my dashboard wasn’t updating my fuel capacity or showing my average fuel economy after I filled up and put some miles on but at the end of my trip the trip tab shows the how much fuel was used and the average fuel economy and other stuff. I wanted to be able to see my remaining fuel and average fuel economy while I’m driving.
Mark  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2020 8:07:04 AM(UTC)
Mark

Try resetting the stored ECM data (Settings/Reset ECM Data). Also check out the Trip section in the Getting Started document.
Farby  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2020 5:16:11 PM(UTC)
Farby

United States

Ok, after resetting the stored ECM data I also went into the settings and unchecked the fuel data portion (don’t remember exactly the name) so it was removed from my dashboard and I re-checked it and reinstall it on my dashboard clicked the fill up which showed I had 100 gallons; went on a 50 mile trip which I set up a trip and my dashboard displayed the trip fuel usage, trip fuel economy, instant economy, average fuel economy but it wouldn’t change the remaining fuel amount on the dashboard; I returned without setting up a trip and all of the above still showed and updated but still showing 100 gallons remaining.; with the trip log and without the trip log still showed how much fuel was consumed you would think the remaining fuel would change.
I know there were bug in the last 2 updates You had to fix but everything worked flawless with my setup.
Mark  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2020 2:29:14 PM(UTC)
Mark

Send me the event log again so I can look into this more (Settings/Send the Event Log). As long as Total Fuel Used is updating, then Fuel Remaining should be changing. On your next trip, confirm this by looking at the Drive page.
Mark  
#12 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2020 8:19:19 AM(UTC)
Mark

Your event log showed that you have not setup your Fuel Tanks in Settings which is odd since it looks like you had it set for your last trip.

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2020 8:48:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Farby  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2020 11:00:26 AM(UTC)
Farby

United States

That is unusual, I know I set up the tanks size as it shows up on my dashboard and it all worked before the the 4.03 update. I’ll recheck it since I’ll be heading out on a short trip Thursday and will see if anything changes.
Farby  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2020 2:03:53 PM(UTC)
Farby

United States

Originally Posted by: Mark Go to Quoted Post
Your event log showed that you have not setup your Fuel Tanks in Settings which is odd since it looks like you had it set for your last trip.

Ok, is there something I need to do? I though about uninstalling everything and starting over. What’s your suggestion.