logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eagle1  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 6:00:55 PM(UTC)
Eagle1

Groups: Registered
United States

I have been working on a Dashboard for my Windows 10 computer and have run into an issue the last couple of days. My custom Dash suddenly gave me a message "A serious error has occurred and has been sent to BlueFire Support for help in determining its cause. If this continues to occur, contact BlueFire Support."

Just to make sure the problem wasn't caused by me, I shut all windows down and rebooted the computer. Still no joy as the same error presented itself again. So, I decided to delete the BlueFire App and reinstall it. Once installed I started creating a new custom Dash. All was going well until I added the Engine Status and Fuel Fill controls. As soon as I did, the error reappeared. I deleted those controls and the error didn't go away. :-(

Any ideas?
Mark  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 8:28:13 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Make sure you have Notifications turned on in Windows Settings/System/Notifications & actions. I'll fixed it in the next release such that you can have notifications turned off but that's not recommended as the App does output some important notifications.
Eagle1  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 7:30:06 PM(UTC)
Eagle1

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: Mark Go to Quoted Post
Make sure you have Notifications turned on in Windows Settings/System/Notifications & actions.

I double checked my settings and all notifications are turned on.

Mark  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:01:19 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
This is the error message from Windows when the App tries to send a notification - The notification platform is unavailable. I see that you're on an older version of Windows 10. Try updating to the latest version.