Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gatorcq  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:45:17 AM(UTC)
Gatorcq

Groups: Registered
United States

Windows 10.
Bluetooth turned on and "Paired" under setting windows.
Blue Light Flashing.

Open APP, will connect. Win10 Pairing Window, show connected.

The connections will last anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes the disconnect.
Automatically with retry, then too many failures and stop.

At this point, I can press the Connect button again and will connect. However, it will revert to the above problem.
Any thoughts ?
Mark  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:06:15 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Send me your event log (Settings/Send the Event Log) and let me take a look. May not have much time until next week as we're at the FMCA Convention in Perry GA but I'll definitely take a peek and see if I there is anything obvious.
Gatorcq  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 1:29:11 AM(UTC)
Gatorcq

United States

thanks Mark, will get one
bfssatterw  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 14, 2019 7:28:28 AM(UTC)
bfssatterw

United States

Cheep RCA tablet running Windows 10 wifi off, I had two successful runs of 300 miles with no disconnects. I then turned the wifi on to start trip logging and have had two complete disconnects halfway into the trip. I don't know if the wifi is the culprit but it seems to be. Can trip logging be done without wifi? I hate to waste the bandwidth as I am limited to 16 gb on my unlimited Verizon plan. Any suggestions on the disconnect issue?
Gatorcq  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 4:13:32 AM(UTC)
Gatorcq

United States

Yes, you do not need WiFi, as the adapter works off of Bluetooth
Gatorcq  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 4:04:17 AM(UTC)
Gatorcq

United States

Mark, any word yet on reviewing my event log?

Gatorcq  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 4:24:49 AM(UTC)
Gatorcq

United States

Retried again 3/22/2019 time 0721 .
Bluetooth window - Paired -
Flashing Blue

During Connection - Flashing Blue, but will go solid Red, during connection process
Bluetooth window, shows paired then connected, then back to paired.

Was unable to send event log, as a message Timed Out would appear.
Cleared Event Log, it still took 2 tries to send Event Log.

This hold problem has been happening since Jan. Quartzsite show when the Alfa Roadrunners purchased many units.
Do you have any CanBuss software that will allow data capturing?
What CanBuss software are you using to view the data online to the engine controller?
Mark  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 22, 2019 6:55:03 AM(UTC)
Mark

Going to spend some time on it today. I develop and test on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro. What is yours? Also, make sure your Bluetooth driver is up to date.

Solid red after blinking blue is normal but should eventually go to blinking green (waiting for key on).

You can increase the Email Timeout in System Settings (Settings/System).

To help isolate this connection issue, unplug the adapter and unscrew the aluminum cap and you'll see a micro-USB connector. Plug it into your laptop and it will function as if the ignition key is off and will allow you to check the connection at home.
Gatorcq  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2019 12:53:43 PM(UTC)
Gatorcq

United States

Lenovo Yoga 710-141KB
Checked on Bluetooth driver - ask to verify latest - Ok.
Will try the micro usb adapter

Also the latest, when I was able to connect;
Spent 20 minutes doing setup and tweaking the gauges, after it connected.
Double Click on Trip and the Distance to Empty - APP Crashed. After that no connections again. Was able to send the event log.
Mark  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 9:01:42 AM(UTC)
Mark

Been testing on my Yoga Pro 2 and Surface with no problems so it's kinda hard to figure out what's going on with your setup. Can you resend your Event Log. I never got the last one you sent.
Gatorcq  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:04:03 AM(UTC)
Gatorcq

United States

Mark, my email address is Gatorcq@gmail.com
I have press the end Event Log is there a way to download and then send it Via email to you?

Will get another one out to you today
Mark  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:08:35 PM(UTC)
Mark

This is the message I'm getting from Bluetooth - An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. Are you running any kind of firewall that may be shutting down the Bluetooth connection?

Another option to try is if you have a USB Bluetooth dongle that you can use instead of the embedded Lenovo Bluetooth module.

And how old is your laptop? Do you know if it supports Bluetooth Low Energy (4.0)?
Gatorcq  
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 7:32:39 AM(UTC)
Gatorcq

United States

Quote See my comments
"This is the message I'm getting from Bluetooth - An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. Are you running any kind of firewall that may be shutting down the Bluetooth connection?

Another option to try is if you have a USB Bluetooth dongle that you can use instead of the embedded Lenovo Bluetooth module. - No do not have one

And how old is your laptop? Do you know if it supports Bluetooth Low Energy (4.0)?" 2 years I believe is the age

Bluetooth adapter Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1. Driver version 10.0.0.461

Sent you 2 events.
After first event, Adapter has been unplugged for awhile.
Plugged in, USB cable - work.
Removed cable - use bluetooth - everything work for over 25 minutes.
Setting up the Engine Status (Text gauge), App crashed.
Would not connect - multi times - using demo mode sent event log.
Saw your reply and responded back.
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com  
#14 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 3:50:22 PM(UTC)
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com

Man
United States

I’m having a similar issue. I have a win 10 Cambio laptop, everything worked fine with version 3.3. We left upstate SC and bluefire worked flawlessly for 10 hours till our first stop in southern GA.
Overnight, the tablet was connected to the internet (via my phone’s hotspot) and upon starting the rig in the morning, the software updated to 3.5. When I validated the update was done, I did a clean restart. (unplug and replug adaptor and a reboot of the machine)
It seemed to work properly. However, while underway, the software will, within 5-15 minutes, either drop the connection to the adaptor entirely (and won’t reconnect without a reboot of the pc and unplug of the adapter) or stay somewhat connected but drop RPM, speed and engine warning indicator. Other dials seem to still show data.
The only thing that was diffeeent between the two days was the version and the WiFi connection. (Not “On” when it was working, “on” when it wasn’t.) I’ll turn off WiFi and see if that helps, but would like to have it fixed before our next road day on Friday.
Also, Can I revert to 3.3?
And, is there a way from the dash display to tell it I did a fill up, or do you always have to go to the trip menu?
Thanks!!! LOVE the product, even did a video on it on my youtube channel and have been playing it up in the DOAI group. (Discovery Owners Assoc) this was the first hiccup I have had.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2019 4:16:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mark  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:18:07 AM(UTC)
Mark

Please send me your Event Log (Settings/Send the Event Log) and I'll take a look. I'll also explore an avenue where you can revert and/or test changes (it's quite a bit different than Android or iOS).

Does this behavior occur only while driving or does the connection drop if you just have the app connected without the key on?

Also, Windows will terminate the app if it's minimized or running in the background. I've experienced this while testing the app on my Lenovo.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:49:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rvpastorkevin@gmail.com  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:26:03 AM(UTC)
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com

Man
United States

Sent this morning from rvoastorkevin@gmail.com

I have only seen it happen while driving and stopping at rest areas to reset when it began happening, I just gave up after the second time.
(The cambio tablet is a dedicated system to the bluefire, so it was only running that and nothing else, mounted to my dash, not running in the background...)
Thanks for your help!!
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2019 10:29:46 AM(UTC)
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com

Man
United States

(And my bluefire is only powered when the key is on, as soon as I turn the engine off, the connection stops.)
Mark  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 10:50:17 AM(UTC)
Mark

@rvpastorkevin@gmail.com - the Event Log shows that the App is loosing the BT connection. This could be some internal thing or the signal is being interfered with. Maybe check to ensure that nothing is blocking between the adapter and your laptop. Also, you have location turned off in the Windows App settings (Settings/Apps/Apps &Features/BlueFire for Motorhomes/Advanced options/). Don't know if you want this or not.

For both of you, try upping the Adapter Minimum Interval to 500 in Settings.

It would be helpful if you could replicate this behavior without having to drive anywhere. Is this possible?
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com  
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 2:03:23 PM(UTC)
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com

Man
United States

hey mark, we just got home to SC. left Orlando at 11 and got home just now.
i changed everything to suggested, and turned off the wifi on the tablet.

i had less issues with the connection, but still had problems keeping a connection. strange that this cropped up after the new version.... as far as set up, the bluefire device is less than 2 feet from the tablet, so range shouldn't be an issue? the device plugs in behind the steering column and my tablet sits on top of my dash.

i finally figured the fuel gauge, that is a very cool trick!

a couple additional questions,
how do i adjust the displayed speed on my dashboard? while the bluefire indicates 65, my GPS shows 68. i saw a place to adjust that in the settings, but putting a 3 there made the speedometer indicate crazy numbers, so i just set it back to 1.

i sent you an event log as soon as i got home so you could see a new one from this trip today to see what else i can do for the connection issue.

finally, Multiple times during the trip it would also show the engine status as amber. going to see the fault, it was showing an "inactive" fault of code 251-2 - unknown SID, Data erratic, intermittent or incorrect. Is this a code from my ECM or an internal code to bluefire? Sometimes, when i went to the code screen, the code would flash and vanish.... and the indicator would turn back to green. Others, it would stay just long enough for me to see what it was before it disappeared, and others i would have to clear the fault.
Mark  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 9:56:33 AM(UTC)
Mark

@rvpastorkevin@gmail.com - The last event log from you was 4/5 are 7:00 pm. If you have a more current one send it please. They're a few things I'm investigating. The Speed offset is designed for oversize tires where you input a ratio to calculate the difference. Is your GPS more accurate than your speedometer? That seems odd but if it is any idea why? The speed we're showing is coming from the engine ECM and would be a calculated value (not sure of the exact calculation). That fault code is most likely bogus and being generated by the erratic data we get from our firmware. I'm working on filtering that out.