Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AThib  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:51:46 AM(UTC)
AThib

Groups: Registered
Man
Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tested my 6 Pin Grey (IOS, Android, Windows) Adapter, purchased at Quartzsite last week, on my 2006 HR Ambassador (Cummins 330 ISC and Allison 3000 6-speed Transmision) and it worked great except for readout problems on 3 gauges:
1. Fuel Gauge on the App shows 64% while the actual reading is at the “Full” level. Is there a function that can be used to align these two values?
2. Air Pressure Primary and Secondary gauges show “NA psi” while the actual reading for both were at 120 Psi. Connectivity issue?
3. Transmission Temperature Gauge shows “NA F” not sure what the gauge reading was or should be, as I did not move the RV during the test, simply ran it at idle for half an hour. Could this also be a connectivity problem?
Before resetting everything to Factory values, are there any corrective measures that I can take to address these issues?
BobGed  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:59:33 PM(UTC)
BobGed

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Regarding the Fuel Gauge, the following is a quote from Mark in response to a previous post on this subject:
Originally Posted by: Mark Go to Quoted Post
It seems that in many motorhomes the OEMs put in analog fuel gauges so they are not connected to the ECM. Possible the same for Exhaust Temp, or the ECM is not sending it. For the missing fuel gauge, our next release will calculate fuel level based on tank fill up and the fuel used.

Regarding the Air Pressure gauges - this is a known issue that I believe Mark is looking into.
Regarding the Transmission Temp - it works for me, and others, but I have a 9-pin connector so I don't know if there's any difference when using a 6-pin. I'll have to leave this one for Mark to answer.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
Cummins ISL9 380 HP
Freightliner chassis
Mark  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:37:36 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
The App was not reading Exhaust Temp and this is in the latest beta and next release. We are reading Brake Primary and Secondary Air Pressure. Is this what you are looking for? Transmission Temp is retrieved from any ECM that transmits it so if it says NA that means nobody is transmitting it.

The next release will have the ability to 'sniff' the data to see if any ECM is transmitting anything.
AThib  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 7:52:42 PM(UTC)
AThib

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you for the prompt response. I’ll continue monitoring developments and let you know how things evolve. I suspect I may have an issue with my Trans Temperature Gauge not getting the signal either - now working on trying to solve this mystery. Thanks again. Al