logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bargeloh  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 7:58:21 AM(UTC)
Bargeloh

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Hi all, I just received my Bluefire, excited to see what it will do. I’m installing it in a 2008 Newmar Ventana motorhome. Anxious to discuss issues with other owners.
Information is power!
2008 Newmar Ventana motorhome, Spartan Chassis
Cummins ISB 350, Allison 300MH transmission
Mark  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 12:34:28 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi Tom,

Let's stay in touch as I would be very interested in your use and suggestions for our App.

Mark.

Founder & CTO
BlueFire LLC
mark.fredrickson@bluefire-llc.com
Dbeck  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 7:59:56 PM(UTC)
Dbeck

United States

I am considering purchasing your product for my 2016 Newmar dutchstar. Which unit would I need to communicate with my iPad?
Mark  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:12:08 PM(UTC)
Mark

Hi,

You need to pick up the green adapter that specifies it's for iOS (Apple). The links below will take you to the two places you can buy it from:

https://bluefire-llc.com...k-j1939j1708-ios-adapter

https://www.amazon.com/B...s-Supports/dp/B01CS1HUXI

BTW, we will be down at the Quartzite RV show next week, booth 623A.

Mark.
Dbeck  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:46:10 PM(UTC)
Dbeck

United States

Thank you for the quick response.
Bobkathy95  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 1:43:09 PM(UTC)
Bobkathy95

United States

Been a Silverleaf VMS645 user for years. On my new (to me) coach the VMS unit will fit in the dash. I was really bummed and then found your app. Never knew it existed. My 10" Android tablet will fit perfectly on the dash. Will you be at the Tampa RV show? Where can I find sample dashes.
Thanks
BobGed  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 2:59:55 PM(UTC)
BobGed

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Bobkathy95 Go to Quoted Post
Been a Silverleaf VMS645 user for years. On my new (to me) coach the VMS unit will fit in the dash. I was really bummed and then found your app. Never knew it existed. My 10" Android tablet will fit perfectly on the dash. Will you be at the Tampa RV show? Where can I find sample dashes.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I have submitted a couple dash layouts but don't see them posted anywhere on the site, however I might not be looking in the right place.

If you would like to PM me with your email address I can send them to for importation. They were done on an iPad and they should import to your Android tablet with a couple of caveats.

1. The screen sizes are different dimensions so some resizing/rearranging will probably be necessary.

2. Because of the different screen sizes, I would suggest you go to your Dash settings and click on Scroll the Dash Page. If after importing everything fits on one screen you can go back and remove the check.

Just as a FYI, I believe if your importing from the same platform the dash will automatically resize. For example I sent a dash layout from my standard size iPad 3 to my iPad Mini, and everything was adjusted to fit on the smaller screen. However this doesn't seem to work between different platforms as the sizing and placement was off when I imported a layout to my Win 10 tablet.

Bob

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2019 3:01:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
Cummins ISL9 380 HP
Freightliner chassis
Mark  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:36:03 AM(UTC)
Mark

Originally Posted by: BobGed Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bobkathy95 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I have submitted a couple dash layouts but don't see them posted anywhere on the site, however I might not be looking in the right place.

If you would like to PM me with your email address I can send them to for importation. They were done on an iPad and they should import to your Android tablet with a couple of caveats.

1. The screen sizes are different dimensions so some resizing/rearranging will probably be necessary.

2. Because of the different screen sizes, I would suggest you go to your Dash settings and click on Scroll the Dash Page. If after importing everything fits on one screen you can go back and remove the check.

Just as a FYI, I believe if your importing from the same platform the dash will automatically resize. For example I sent a dash layout from my standard size iPad 3 to my iPad Mini, and everything was adjusted to fit on the smaller screen. However this doesn't seem to work between different platforms as the sizing and placement was off when I imported a layout to my Win 10 tablet.

Bob

That is correct. The App tries it's best to resize on different platforms and screen sizes but you'll most likely need to tweak it a bit.
tcfamy  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:26:16 PM(UTC)
tcfamy

United States

Just discovered this new application from discussion in IRV2 forum. I have been using VMSPC since 2011 and getting frustrated with that program's instability on the newer versions. Saw this and have been playing with the Dash to see how it lays out before plunging into the BT adapter. Some background: Will be used on a vintage 2001 Dutchstar with Spartan chassis, Cummins engine and Allison Transmission. has only the J1708 data bus.
I'll be curious to see if available gauges are the same or supported more on BlueFire. I use on a windows 10 pro platform (Dell Venue 8 Pro 5855).

Initial observations:
1. Once I start to get the dash populateed it is really slow to refresh the dash after edits or additions.
2. Fairly intuitive on customizing.

What I miss from VMSPC:
Gear selected and gear attained in one gauge. At least one gauge with Recent MPG on dash. Indicator for Transmission mode (normal or econ). Exhaust brake engaged indicator.

Hope this is helpful to someone. I love playing with new dash designs and layouts. Should break the winter monotony.
Best to all -- Tom
Mark  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 4:51:05 PM(UTC)
Mark

I have added your request to the future enhancements list.
kpecks  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:15:48 PM(UTC)
kpecks

United States

I just got my bluetooth adapter installed on my 2018 Dutch Star. Looking forward to getting a whole lot of use out of it!! It works great. Would love to be able to figure out how to customize the layouts and gauges even further. Thx so much for doing this Mark! Good stuff.