logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Coalminer333  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2021 8:35:03 AM(UTC)
Coalminer333

Groups: Registered
United States

I recently purchased the Bluefire product as a backup to the dash gauges after failure of the LBCU which I have since replaced. I don't have an under dash J1939 so I ran a 6' green / 9 pin extension cable from the rear black / 6 pin J1939 located on the firewall into the bedroom and mounted the female J1939 green connector onto the floor of the bedroom. I then purchased a second 6' extension cable in order to extend the CAN buss signal to the Bluefire bluetooth transmitter which I temporarily mount on a cabinet located inside the bedroom that has a clear view of the cockpit. That puts the transmitter about 30' from the receiver which is an iPad. The iPad is mounted to a swivel mount attached to the bottom of the wooden cabinet above the driver seat. I've provided this information a background for anybody else who might not have an under dash J1939. This all works great but I'm having one problem as follows:

I created a dashboard with all of the important information including oil pressure, coolant temperature, speedometer, tachometer, voltage and transmission temperature but I'm not getting a signal for air pressure or fuel tank level. I'm thinking that air pressure and fuel tank level are not ECU's that input to the CAN buss on my 2007 freightliner XC / Cummins 5.9 model. Any experience with this?
Mark  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2021 10:30:11 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
You might provide your motorhome's make and model as OEMs differ in their implementation of the ECUs. You can guarantee that a 2007 Freightliner truck will be all J1939 with a diagnostic port under the dash on the drivers side. You might look for yours behind the firewall. There have been cases where the OEM just left it there. If you haven't already the IRV2 forums are a good place to query.

RioRichard is right though. Fuel Level is often left out and Air Pressure is very common missing.

Edited by user Saturday, August 21, 2021 10:32:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jeruspegas  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2021 10:36:28 PM(UTC)
jeruspegas

Groups: Registered

I've not actually experienced this before but I think as Mark has rightly said you may want to check the back of the firewall or better still ask on IRV2 forums