logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dave p  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2021 12:18:58 PM(UTC)
Dave p

Groups: Registered
United States

Built up a couple of different text only custom dashes. Everything seems to work as expected except the oil pressure value. The value always shows in red text even though the value is in the good range. Good range is between 25 psi and 65 psi and reported value is 55 psi. The custom color page says it should be green in the good range. Tried to change the color in the custom color page and it did not change. What next to get it to green?
Mark  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2021 8:47:47 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Check the range alert values for the text gauge in the Customize Gauges page. It it's correct, add a graphic gauge and check that. Make sure they're both the same, then remove the graphic gauge.
Dave p  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2021 12:50:05 PM(UTC)
Dave p

United States

OK added the graphic oil pressure gauge (showed text value in green) and checked all alert values. They are the same in both gauges. If I change a value in the text gauge it also changes in the graphic gauge and and a change in the graphic gauge changes the value in the text gauge. Tried deleting the the text gauge and then putting it back. When I did this the text value was green as it should. BUT when I locked the gauge the value turned red, unlock and back to green. Tried locking the graphic gauge and the text value turned red. So, it seems locking the gauge changes the color of the text to red. Does this mean there is a software error someplace? All the other gauge values stayed green when I locked them.
Mark  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 11:19:41 AM(UTC)
Mark

Send me the App's event log (Settings/Send the Event Log) and I'll take a look.
Dave p  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 12:47:09 PM(UTC)
Dave p

United States

Sent the Event log
Mark  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 2:01:32 PM(UTC)
Mark

Your oil gauge has a danger zone from 0 to 10 which when the dash first shows, the oil gauge is 0 which raises the alert. I can fix this in the next version.
Dave p  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 2:44:05 PM(UTC)
Dave p

United States

Mark, glad you can fix this going forward. I do not recall making a danger range from 1-10 psi and believe that is the default settings in the app so strange it has not come up before. Especially since it shows green when the gauge is unlocked but changes to red when the gauge is locked. I believe I tried unlocking and locking the gauge with the coach running and even with 55 psi of pressure showing it turned red when locked.
Dave p  
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2021 3:52:48 PM(UTC)
Dave p

United States

Mark, gathered up my stuff and went over to storage to double check everything. It is now working as I would expect with the engine off and pressure at 0 psi value is in red. When I start the coach the value goes to 55 psi and changes green. It use to stay red at 55 psi. In addition it makes no difference if the gauge is locked or unlocked. Only thing different today was that when I connected to the wi-fi to send the event log there was an update available that I did download. Possible that corrected the problem. Anyway all is good (I want red values from 0-10 psi) so guess you do not need to make any additional changes.