logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sadavis80  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 8:30:47 AM(UTC)
sadavis80

Groups: Registered
United States

When I got my BF dongle a couple months ago, I was able to build a new dash without too many problems. However, since updating to the latest version last month, I now find that I cannot add new gauges .. properly for some reason. I cannot add ANY new gauges to my old dash at all. Starting with a clean dash, I can add 1, 2 or even 3 gauges - some graphic and some text, but NO MORE. If I use the 'build simple dash', I end up with 4 graphic gauges, but then can not add any text gauges or other graphic gauges to it. I've tried about 20 times and all methods I can find fail.

I do have 'some question' about the PROPER way to add a gauge. When I add a new gauge (Customize dash), there is no obvious way to get back to view the dash 'cleanly'. I have to either tap the '<' at the beginning of the title at the top of the customize page, tap the android 'back' button at the bottom or tap the 'show all apps' at the bottom and then select the BF app. The ONLY Option on the add gauges page is near the bottom to DELETE a gauge.. and it's grayed out unless I select a gauge. I select 'Add text gauge', select one or more (as many as I want), hit OK, and I see them listed in the lines below (scroll through them).. they are THERE. However, when I go to the 'show dash' (no way to get there other than hitting one of the 'back' methods I listed), they are NOT THERE. If I never show the dash and just 'get out of the customize page, then go back in, all of the new additions are gone.

I haven't yet tried to import a dash from 'new', but also haven't found one that's really what I want either.
SO.. if there is no 'DONE' option and no 'BACK' and no 'SHOW DASH' option available in the customize dash page, how SHOULD I get back to show the dash?

I must be missing something, but spent some MORE time last night with the 'Getting started' pages in front of me .. in the Customize dash section and followed the instructions 'to the tee'.. except, of course, it does not TELL me how to get out of that customize page and SHOW the dash. So, I'm still stuck with only (at most) THREE gauges on my new dash.

Ideas?
Steve
Mark  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 12:48:47 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The next version in a couple of days will have a Save Gauges button on the Add or Remove Gauges page. But in the meantime, you must navigate back to the Customize Dash page to save your gauge changes. The Getting Started document will also reflect these changes.
sadavis80  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 9:49:57 PM(UTC)
sadavis80

United States

OK.. so what is the answer to my question? WHAT exactly is the proper way to 'navigate back to the Customize Dash Page' ?? I have tried to do that, but have been totally unsuccessful in being able to SAVE the new gauges I have added .. so far.

I guess I can wait if it really is only a couple of days, but history has shown that 'delivery estimates' are generally FAR more generous than actual fact shows it to have been in the rear view mirror :-).

Steve
Mark  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 9:00:05 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The latest version (5.0.2) fixes the issue with saving gauges, plus a lot more. See the App's About page What's New or the forum's Application Updates for Version 5.0.
sadavis80  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 10:48:11 AM(UTC)
sadavis80

United States

Thanks. I got it and finally have my new dash layout working.
Steve