logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jtmarten  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 3:41:38 PM(UTC)
jtmarten

Groups: Registered

I've read many threads on bluetooth connection issues and Windows 10, but I still cannot get my tablet to connect.
I have a Dell Venue 10 Pro (64bit); my MH is an '04 Country Coach Inspire, which has a gray 6-pin connector. I sourced an adapter cable which has a gray 6-pin to black 9-pin, BlueFire adapter is 9-pin green.

When connecting the adapter to the tablet, it will initially connect, then 10-15sec later disconnect, showing it as 'Paired'.
When trying to connect the app, it shows trying to connect, discovering, etc, and repeatedly powers the bluetooth off/on but no connection is made.

In order to get the adapter connected to the tablet a second time, I have to delete it, then it will find it, pair, and connect for a few seconds.

I keep the BT on my phone turned off, but did turn it on and connected it to the tablet. No issues there, connected and stayed connected.

Drivers were recently updated using the Dell driver detection utility, as was the tablet BIOS firmware (new-to-me tablet, purchased for this application); Windows 10 is up to date as well.

I've read about the differences in the BT chip on the upper board, assuming this is on the L-shaped silver board, mine is square.

My port is powered through the ign, so when the key is on, the adapter flashes blue, then after a period of time flashes red, then back to blue flashing.

Any suggestions for successful connection??

Thanks!
Jeff
jtmarten  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 5:25:53 PM(UTC)
jtmarten

I tried to connect the adapter to my LG V20 phone; it denied the pairing request. I performed a factory reset, it still denied the connection request.

Is this an issue with the adapter?
Mark  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 6:21:11 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
The square chip is Bluetooth Low Energy which cannot be manually paired on Android and Apple and you won't see it in the Bluetooth device list until after the App connects to it. Windows does however allow you to manually pair the adapter.

Do you have any devices (USB, memory, etc) attached to your Dell tablet other than the out of box standard equipment? Can you take a screenshot of Device Manager?
Mark  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2021 6:54:21 PM(UTC)
Mark

Check out the Getting Started document for the minimum specs for a Windows computer. I don't think the Venue meets them.
jtmarten  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:02:14 AM(UTC)
jtmarten

Originally Posted by: Mark Go to Quoted Post
The square chip is Bluetooth Low Energy which cannot be manually paired on Android and Apple and you won't see it in the Bluetooth device list until after the App connects to it. Windows does however allow you to manually pair the adapter.

Do you have any devices (USB, memory, etc) attached to your Dell tablet other than the out of box standard equipment? Can you take a screenshot of Device Manager?

No devices other than standard equipment.

dell venue 10 DM

Edited by user Saturday, January 9, 2021 8:53:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jtmarten  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 9, 2021 2:23:32 PM(UTC)
jtmarten

Check out the Getting Started document for the minimum specs for a Windows computer. I don't think the Venue meets them.

The Venue is 1.44gHz quad core, 4gB RAM, small SSD. Mine does have an issue setting High Performance power mode. I've tried all the ways I've found online to add additional power settings, but the BIOS must be such that it is disabled. (No CSEnable as an option to change in the registry) Don't see how that would prevent a bluetooth connection though.

Edited by user Saturday, January 9, 2021 2:24:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mark  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 2:07:43 PM(UTC)
Mark

It's not the initial connection, it's keeping the connection up with the speed and throughput of the adapter. There's just too much going on for your Venue to keep up.

I'm assuming you're gone over all the suggestions in the Getting Started document?

Edited by user Monday, January 11, 2021 2:08:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jtmarten  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2021 5:02:51 PM(UTC)
jtmarten

It's not the initial connection, it's keeping the connection up with the speed and throughput of the adapter. There's just too much going on for your Venue to keep up.

I'm assuming you're gone over all the suggestions in the Getting Started document?

Getting Started doc yes.
I don't think it ever connects. I can see losing the connection once the signal gets too busy, but with key on, engine off, I get no connection. Can't be much going on with the signal at that point.
I just ordered a 2-in-1 Lenovo; 2gHz, 8gb RAM, Win10, etc. Hopefully I get a connection with that.

Thanks Mark!
jtmarten  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 7:47:22 AM(UTC)
jtmarten

I received the Lenovo Helix; connected to the adapter fine.

However, I am getting no data on the gauges.
Mark  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2021 8:14:39 AM(UTC)
Mark

By default the App retrieves data from the J1939 data bus. Go to the Settings page and set J1708 on.
jtmarten  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2021 6:45:59 PM(UTC)
jtmarten

By default the App retrieves data from the J1939 data bus. Go to the Settings page and set J1708 on.

Thanks Mark! Will give that a try; I'll also check the Drive tab, see how much data is being sent.