logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ahamor  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 11:59:35 AM(UTC)
Ahamor

Groups: Registered
United States

I can not find a way to create a new text gauge with my own text in the new version. The customize gauge page only shows the image gauge creation tools, the define text option is missing. I can edit an existing text gauge.
I have Text1 thru Text8 defined, which are editable. When I try to create Text9, it only shows the image selection choice. The iPad Pro IOS version is 12.3.1

The workaround for the GPS setting and screen time out does not seem to work, but it is not difficult to change the IOS settings before a trip..

Ahamor  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 6:15:45 PM(UTC)
Ahamor

United States

After working more with version 3.9 and with the custom dash I have uploaded (Portrait Custom Dash by AGH), it appears that a new “text x” gauge defaults to image gauge. The Show Gauge command shows a black field with “No Image” text in it. To turn the gauge back to regular text, I have to delete both the day and night image in the image selection field. Using another dash design, such as the simple Subaru design, a new text gauge works as expected, both the text definition and I image selection boxes present. So something in my dash design causing the problem, even tough it appears RO be fully functional. It would be nice to understand the cause of this behavior.
Ahamor  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:15:32 PM(UTC)
Ahamor

United States

Mark,
Text gauges created with 3.9 on iPad Pro 11 have no selection for decimal places. The same text gauges created with 3.8 have it.
Calculated fuel gauge still not working on 2015 Freightliner ISL 9 .
The Cruise and Fuel Fill symbols not showing on the 3.9 created custom gauge .

Ahamor  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:15:33 PM(UTC)
Ahamor

United States

Mark,
Text gauges created with 3.9 on iPad Pro 11 have no selection for decimal places. The same text gauges created with 3.8 have it.
Calculated fuel gauge still not working on 2015 Freightliner ISL 9 .
The Cruise and Fuel Fill symbols not showing on the 3.9 created custom gauge .

Mark  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:19:36 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I downloaded your custom dash and I see the Cruise and Fuel Fill icons. Which text gauges do not have decimal places?

I did notice the new text gauge defaulting to an image. This is a bug that will always use a template even if the 'Use Gauge Template' is not checked. This will be fixed in the next patch.
Ahamor  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 1:36:47 PM(UTC)
Ahamor

United States

Mark,
The dash I have uploaded a few days ago was OK. Today I figured out the reason for the integer only and missing symbols issue.
After upgrading to version 3.9 I have decided to create a new custom dash. I first defined the RPM text gage and marked it as template. At the time
I did not realize that the RPM gauge is unique as having integer data only. Using it as template defined all subsequent text gauges with no decimal selection and no symbols on the CRUISE and FILL UP gauges. The XML file contained “<Decimals>-999</Decimals” for all text gauges.
Lesson learned: Don’t use the RPM gauge as default gauge.
The calculated fuel gauge is now started working again. I am not sure what changed. In the process of trying to find the cause of the integer only issue I have reset the app several times and I refilled the tank several times.
My trip is over, so it will be several week before I can test it on the road for long distances.
Non of the bugs I have reported seem to be serious and easy to get around.
By far this program and hardware is much better than your competitors.

Mark  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 9:55:21 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I found and fixed an issue with template gauges always being used no matter if the use template option was checked or not. That will be in version 3.9.2. I'll take a look at an RPM template messing with the Cruise and Fill Up icons. I also added 'Template' as a suffix to the gauge name so you'll know that it will be used as a template.