Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:45:31 PM(UTC)
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 9
Man
United States
Location: Boiling Springs, SC

i just sent the event log to you again.
I got the green ribbon, so it should be to you.

As far as tires, the spec tire size placard shows different sizes than the Michelin tires i have on the rig, which may give me an incorrect speedometer reading? The speedometer and the Bluefire screen are congruent with each other.
My Garmin RV 770 NA LMT-S GPS and my iPhone Waze GPS are both congruent, and both show a difference in the speed indication of +3MPH from the gauge and Bluefire. I figured that 2 different GPS systems showing the same thing might be more accurate than the rig's speedometer, but i am certainly no expert, for sure!

I can't thank you enough for the help!
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com  
#22 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:39:48 PM(UTC)
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 9
Man
United States
Location: Boiling Springs, SC

still having g the same issues. :-\
i get connected, everything works perfect for 10-15 minutes and then the connection breaks.
i have to quit the program, go to settings, bluetooth, unpair the tablet from the bluefire, then restart the software, let the software re-pair together, and then it will work perfectly for 10-15 minutes, and the cycle is repeated.

i have a Bluefire with a Cambio tablet running windows 10, on a 00 freightliner.
Mark  
#23 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2019 8:25:35 AM(UTC)
Mark

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 4/12/2014(UTC)
Posts: 266

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Here is a quote from another Windows 10 users who solved his connection issues. Would this be the same or similar to yours?

"Success - I have finally tracked down what is going on.
First, the Bluefire uses 2, com ports. 3 & 4. One is for uploading other is downloading.
The conclusion came from reading about the Windows 10, May update.
If you have a external storage drive - even a USB, then the update will not be done.
I have a USB 3.1 128gig installed in the USB slot.
This USB Vs. Bluetooth is having conflicts with each other. Since I have found this, I have experience no static issues for the last 3 days.

When I install my USB drive, I see the same issue right away."

rvpastorkevin@gmail.com  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:24:45 AM(UTC)
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 9
Man
United States
Location: Boiling Springs, SC

I do not have a usb device plugged into the tablet at all.....
However I do have a micro SD card permanently installed for the Win10 tablet’s storage space.
Would there be a conflict with that micro SD card and the Bluetooth adaptor?
What is the remedy if that is the case, since the BlueFire software is downloaded and installed on the microSD card itself?
Mark  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2019 6:58:36 AM(UTC)
Mark

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 4/12/2014(UTC)
Posts: 266

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Good question. I'll have to do some research. Any chance you could test the app without the micro SD card? That would help confirm that's is an external storage device causing the issue.
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com  
#26 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 5:46:42 AM(UTC)
rvpastorkevin@gmail.com

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/1/2019(UTC)
Posts: 9
Man
United States
Location: Boiling Springs, SC

mark,
on this trip to TN (about 3 hours) it held a stable connection until abut 2 hours into the trip and the connectivity issues cropped back up.
(the memory card is removed.)
i have sent you an event log.

the tablet is dedicated to the bluefire, no other programs are running.

is it possible that the adapter is wonky?
Mark  
#27 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 7:20:44 AM(UTC)
Mark

Rank: Administration

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 4/12/2014(UTC)
Posts: 266

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I checked out your event log and settings so let's try the following:

1. Set 'Ignore Motorhome Info' off in Settings. With J1708 this adds a lot of overhead and could be messing with the Bluetooth data traffic.
2. Set 'Monitor Faults' off in Settings. This also adds overhead but should be ok so lets just see if it makes a difference.
3. Set 'Ignore Out of Range' off in Settings. You should not need this if you're tablet is mounted near the adapter. It should not however affect the Bluetooth connection but just in case, let's try it.
4. Set 'Connect to Last Adapter' on in Settings. This should at least make the re-connection faster.

What we might also try is for me to remote into your tablet and take a peek at things. If that's ok with you, download and install TeamViewer. I should have some time this weekend or next week to take a look.
Users browsing this topic
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.