Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tqqest  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 10:00:07 AM(UTC)
tqqest

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi guys!

Great new program, I am coming from using VMSPC and trying to figure the BlueFire program. So far I really like it better and can now use my iPad!

My question is, can I adjust the fuel remaining level. For example, I fill up with 120 gallons of fuel, and use the "Fuel fill up" option. I drive, and the fuel gauge shows I have used 50 gallons and have 100 gallons remaining in my 150 gallon fuel tank. But, I have run my diesel aquahot and my generator overnight, and I know they have used 20 gallons, so really only have 80 gallons in the tank.

With VMSPC, I could go to the fuel gauge, click on it, and select "adjust fuel remaining" and change the remaining fuel level from 100 gallons to 80 gallons. This allows the program to show my true fuel remaining, distance till empty, etc. That adjustment could be done again if I needed to, and then be over written whenever the "Fill fuel tank" option was used to when refueling. This feature also allows for "partial" fuel fills The only way I can see to do this is to adjust the size of the fuel tank each time, but then i have to remember to change it back to 150 when I fill up. Am I missing something or is it possible to add this feature?

Thanks,
Tad
Gatorcq  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:35:42 AM(UTC)
Gatorcq

Groups: Registered
United States

The question I have:
In adjusting the remaining fuel, you still would be making an estimate. An example, my generator uses 3/4 gal per hour fully loaded, yet I know it uses 1/2 gal per hour when driving. The Aquahot would be a guess-estimate.
In this case you HAVE to adjust the gallons every day you run your units.

Each generator type the uses are different.
Mark  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 6:48:28 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
What if I added a "Non Engine Fuel Used" field to the Trip page that would be added to the engine Fuel Used when calculating Fuel Remaining and Distance Remaining? Would that work? I'm assuming that you only use non-engine fuel when you're not driving.