Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JoeHoffman  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2019 1:11:14 PM(UTC)
JoeHoffman

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

This is related to another post but seemed logical to start a new thread.

I have a problem where the mobile app frequently disconnects and reconnects. When i've been running these tests, i'm sitting in the drivers seat so about 2.5 feet from the adapter.
The disconnects can happen about 1/minute, but sometimes it will run for several minutes before going thru a disconnection/reconnection cycle.

iPhone 6
iOS v12.1.2

Bluefire Software v3.1
Adapter Firmware v3.17
Hardware 3.1 (9-pin)

Coach: 2015 Fleetwood Discovery with Cummins engine

I have the "Green" adapter.

Let me know if there's any additional info that could be helpful.

thanks
joe
Mark  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 8:54:57 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
There is a class action lawsuit filed by all the major Truck ELD (Electronic Logging Device) suppliers against Apple where iOS 12 is causing their apps to drop the Bluetooth connection particularly when the app goes into the background. Your issue may be related. Is the App disconnecting by any chance when your phone has something else up or is locked? I'll be following this class action suit for any developments on Apple's side.
JoeHoffman  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 7:42:27 AM(UTC)
JoeHoffman

Man
United States

Mark, I don't think my issue is related to your description. My problem happens when the Bluefire app is in the foreground and I'm looking at it on the screen. Is it possible that the problem you describe also happens when the app is in the foreground? If so, then it could be the same issue. Is there any workaround at this time? (Besides using an Android device).

This brings up another great question: Since I've purchased the green adapter, can that also be used with an Android tablet? Perhaps my solution is to just invest in an Android device. Thoughts?
Jegstrup  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 10:10:12 AM(UTC)
Jegstrup

United States

I have the same adaptor you have but my iPhone connection works great.
When I bought a Samsung tablet to use with the BlueFire, it connects but constantly drops the connection.
paul65k  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:28:36 PM(UTC)
paul65k

United States

I'm having an even more consistent connect/disconnect with my Set-up.

Currently running on my iPad Mini2

Software Version 3.5 (just updated to 3.8 but haven't used the Motorhome since returning home last week.)
iOS - 12.3.1

When I'm connected it works great but I am struggling to keep it connected for more than a couple of minutes at a time.....I probably get 20 - 40 disconnects/reconnects per hour.

Additionally, after it re-connects I never get the Engine load percentage to re-appear.

I'm hoping this is just a setting issue as the iPad is only about 3-4' away from the adapter (right Jim?) or does anyone know if there is an issue with this version of the iPad Mini??

Adapter Connection attempts - 10
Adapter Reconnection attempts - 10
BT Recycle Attempt - 2
Adapter discovery timeout - 0
Adapter Connection Timeout - 0
Adapter Minimum Interval - 500

Any Ideas out there guys?

PS....does anyone know if there is a way to add an Altitude window in the program...I know that the iPad can calculate this and I think it would be a great thing to see on the screen especially out west while driving.
paul65k  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 2:41:50 AM(UTC)
paul65k

United States

Well, it looks like I won't get a response to this issue.....I left a VM with BF a week ago and have not received a response from them either......really wish I could get some insight on this issue :(

Ahamor  
#7 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 4:22:43 AM(UTC)
Ahamor

United States

I am not an expert, but I would try the following steps:
Make share that no other Bluetooth device is connected to the iPad. Load the software version 3.8 or 3.9 and go thru the Bluetooth calibration process in the “About” section. If you still loose connection, create a dash with a single text gauge and recheck.
If you have an iPhone or Android phone, you could load the program on it, create a simple dash, calibrate it and recheck. If you still loosing connection, the adapter is probably defective.

Mark  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:20:49 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Calibrating the adapter only warns you if you're going out of Bluetooth range. It was built for truckers and mechanics who use their mobile device to do an inspection or a repair and want to know if they're going to be disconnected when going out of range. You can certainly use it to verify that you have a good connection between the adapter and your mobile device in the motorhome.

Another reason for loosing connection is too much data and overloading the Bluetooth channel. There are settings that will reduce the data traffic (Monitor Faults, Ignore Motorhome Info, Adapter Minimum Interval, Ignore Aftertreatment, Ignore Transmission Data, Performance, System/RPM Interval).