Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2015 11:57:36 AM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Here is how you can update your adapter's firmware.

1. Check your current Hardware version by going to the About page. You need to be connected to the adapter to read the Hardware version.

2. If your Hardware version is 2.0 or lower, you need to send the adapter to BlueFire for updating. The best method is USPS Priority Mail Small Box. We will update it and ship it back the same day. This will take a total of 4-7 days.

3. If your Hardware version is 2.1 or higher, you can use a Windows PC to update the firmware. Download the firmware update program from our DropBox folder. The file to download will be BlueFireFWUpdate-vH.H-F.F where H.H is the hardware version and F.F is the firmware version. Follow the on-screen instructions. If you have any questions or problems, contact BlueFire Support.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 10, 2018 3:26:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DocPecos  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:15:42 AM(UTC)
DocPecos

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm running Windows 10 pro on my laptop.

I have plugged and replugged my adapter running 3.9 firmware and nothing like Cerb-Family is showing up under Other Devices or anywhere in my Device Manager. I plug in my adapter by the usb cable and it flashes blue. I check my Device Manager, it is not there. I open BlueFire on my phone, the adapter then flashes green. I click on the "about" icon. Software is 4.8, Adapter is 3.9, Hardware is 2.1. I then go back to my Device Manager. Nothing is under "Other Devices". I click on show hidden devices, again nothing is present.

8/18/17 --- found the problem--- was a bad usb cable. I would recommend to anyone with the above symptoms to try and access their phones files through their cable, if they can't, then it is probably the cable.

Got my firmware updated.

Edited by user Friday, August 18, 2017 4:54:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Freightliner FL60 2002, 5.9L Cummins Diesel
scottb  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:33:10 PM(UTC)
scottb

I'm trying to update the firmware for the first time. I can see the Cerb family device but it doesn't have a driver to install. what do i need to do to resolve this? currently have version 3.19 the app says 3.16 is available
Mark  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 4:08:26 PM(UTC)
Mark

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Follow the Firmware Update Instructions.docx out on the Dropbox folder and you should be good to go. Note, you must follow the instructions exactly. If you're still stuck, send me an email and I'll walk you through it.
Jim A  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2019 5:01:28 PM(UTC)
Jim A

United States

Updating the firmware per the instructions worked for me. You do need to download and install the update first. That copies the drivers to the directory specified in the instructions.